The secular world teaches us that moral compromise leads to success. Cheat a little here. Go behind a friend there. Fight your way to the top, even if it means to fight dirty. God teaches otherwise.
Listen to today’s Truth…
God rewards faithfulness and obedience.
Read the following Scripture…
Proverbs 2:7-8 “He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.”
Consider these thoughts…
A single proverb is not always meant to establish doctrine or a legal guarantee. They are practical applications that are executed according to everyday situations, which may vary. This explains why some proverbs seem to contradict each other.
Therefore, today’s verse should not lead to a black-and-white assumption that if you live a morally perfect life that you would be the most successful person in the world.
Let us not miss the golden nugget of wisdom here — God’s favor never leaves those that choose obedience and faithfulness. His favor comes in the form of success and protection, and it is for all those that choose the righteous ways of Christ over the compromising ways of the world.
Therefore, do not be discouraged when people seem to be happier and more successful doing it the worldly way. There is no wisdom there.
Apply the truth! The following are optional things to do…
• Address any area of compromise in your life. If you don’t know if there are any, ask the Holy Spirit! Allow Him to show you, then confront it and/or rid of it.
• Surrender the areas in your life that need success through prayer, and choose not to worry about it!
• Surrender the areas in your life that need protection through prayer, and choose not to worry about it!
• For the pleasures of purity.
• For the joy of being a righteous child of God.
• For His blessings to flood into every area of your life.